SDGC’s Official Newsletter & Archives
Note: The newsletters are in Adobe Acrobat PDF file format.
GRASSROOTS brings you comprehensive, informative and timely material geared towards a collective interest as grassland managers, including:
- Information on shared-cost resource management programs;
- The latest information on state and federal policy rulings and directives that affect private grassland ownership;
- Fostering partnerships with the multiple users of grasslands;
- The development of a scholarship program to help producers attend courses and seminars;
- Networking a pool of qualified consultants to assist producers in discovering the ‘uncommon advantage’ resources that include production, family, finances, and managing natural resources in a changing societal environment;
- The distinction between preservation and conservation;
- What part of the food dollar comes back to the land;
- Can ag lenders, appraisers and grassland managers find common ground;
- How does public grassland initiatives affect you, and more.
Items of Interest
Jim Gerrish Presentations in SD at 2011 Jim Gerrish Workshop Series:
- Ranching Without Iron & Oil
- What Really Matters in Grazing Management
- Effectively Grazing Winter Range
- Managing Cow Costs
- Dollars & Sense of Grazing
Jim Gerrish Presentations in SD at 2008 Annual Meeting:
Note: Views expressed here are not necessarily those of the SD Grassland Coalition or its members. Please contact the author(s) with any comments or questions. Thank you.